Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Six Months Old

Thinking over the last 6 months, I can't believe how much has happened. Six months ago I was planning for a week off before my due date, a week to rest and relax. That week never happened! The first night, after a movie and popcorn with Glen, my water broke. Caleb arrived 12 hours later. In some ways that seems like yesterday, but most of the time it feels like ages ago. This family has come so far in 6 months, I'm proud of us! Glen graduated from college and started a new job, one that allows me to stay home full time with Caleb. I have learned so much from Caleb and about myself. During his first 3 months, I overcame more challenges than I knew I could. Looking back, I am so proud of myself for sticking with breastfeeding. I feel like a stronger woman because of that time.

Of course, 6 months has changed Caleb too! I absolutely LOVE this age! He is still scooting and rolling all over the place, I'm surprised at how mobile he is! He has mastered sitting up, and is starting to pull himself up to a semi-standing position. Caleb loves to eat baby food. His favorites seem to be bananas, sweet potatoes and prunes. When I put him in his high chair, he bangs his little fists on the tray demanding to be fed! He is starting to use a sippy cup and we're going to try veggie puffs soon!

Caleb had his 6 month check up last week. He is taller and leaner than his last visit. Here are his current stats:
Weight: 19lbs, 3.5 oz (75%)
Height: 26.5 inches (50%)
Head: 45cm

I love so many of his 6 month pictures, here are a few! (The last one he's playing with Daddy's mouse. It lights up and is one of Caleb's FAVORITE things!)





No comments: