- Vocabulary! Caleb is pretty much a walking dictionary. He is SO proud of himself that he knows so many words. While we drive, I hear from the backseat "Bus! Bike! Car! Truck! Tree! Bird! Dog!" Around the house its, "Door! Chair! Vacuum! Cat! Kitchen! Window! Daddy! Mommy!" Its just adorable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- Caleb began talking in sentences a few weeks ago. He now says things like "Get up!" "More milk" "TV ON!" "Grandma's house" He also uses 3 word sentences, but I can't think of any right now.
- We're branching out on our TV shows. Caleb's favorites are Yo Gabba Gabba, Sesame Street, Blue's Clues, Dinosaur Train, Backyardigans and Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. He knows most of the characters on the shows. It cracks me up when he bursts out laughing at a show.
- I went back to work full time in January. Caleb is with a babysitter about 20-30 hours a week. He is a little out of sorts being away from home so much. He's been waking up early and in the middle of the night, we think he misses us. I hope he adjusts soon.
- Caleb had about 4 ear infections in December & January. We were referred to the ENT for ear tubes. Caleb had a hearing test, which he did very well on but he was experiencing slight hearing loss. His hearing was below normal for regular toddlers, but on par with toddlers with lots of inner ear infections. Even though his speech is great, we decided we didn't want to mess with his hearing & having him always being uncomfortable with EI. He got tubes put in on 1/26. It was an easy surgery and I hope we are through with EIs!
- Caleb can recognize a few shapes including stars, triangle, hearts and circles. We are working on colors but he can usually pick out the color green.
- Reading! Caleb loves "story books." He has gone through phases being obsessed with certain books including "Green Eggs & Ham" and "If you give a Moose a Muffin." Caleb loves to point out items in the books.
- Caleb loves to dance & jump! He often points at us and says, "Get up! Jump!" He is such a crazy boy!
6 months ago