Saturday, February 21, 2009

38 Week Appointment

As of Friday, Baby Hess is 38 weeks and 5 days old. Momma gained 4 lbs in one week - wow! The doctor attributes most of that to water weight since my ankles & fingers are so swollen. There was traces of protein in my urine (again) so they are still concerned about preeclampsia/hypertension. My blood pressure has continually been fine. I go back on Monday for results for my bloodwork and to see if anything is changed.
Baby Hess is sitting super low, I definitely waddle now! I have not dialated at all, but am a little effaced. I feel like nothing is happening! I know all of the "signs" don't mean much, but it would be reassuring to have some. My cousin who was due a day before me had her baby this week, I'm a little jealous! I'm so excited for s/he to arrive!!!!
Today was my last day at BRU until at least 4/26! It is hard to believe! I just hope the baby doesn't arrive really late, because I don't want to "waste" my leave time. I plan on hardcore cleaning this week - my goal is to do a room a day. We'll see how much progress I actually make!
ONLY ONE WEEK UNTIL BABY IS DUE!!! 

No comments: